Vancouver Island is a world-renowned and award-winning destination. Tourism Vancouver Island supports our industry’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic through the following pillars in our approach to Regional marketing.
- We will foster a collaborative dynamic between our content partners, through amplification of provincial and community efforts, and the generation of regional cooperative campaigns.
- We will advance responsible travel priorities. This includes encouraging visitation to areas of the region with the capacity to welcome visitors; communicating responsible travel messages to visitors; and promoting Safe Travels and other health and hygiene confidence programs.
- We will reflect the diversity of people, culture and community by showing the diversity of our visitors in our marketing content; respecting and integrating Indigenous communities and creatives into promotional activities.
- We will innovate on digital marketing and research through measured risks and new approaches, while monitoring effectiveness and sharing key learnings with partners. We will assist businesses in becoming more digitally sophisticated.
- We will lead on trade and media through our partnership with Destination BC, and by supporting tourism operators who wish to participate in these market development activities.
Current Marketing Opportunities
Website Listings on VancouverIsland.Travel
Over the past several years, Tourism Vancouver Island has been very successful in driving qualified consumers to our various destination microsites including VancouverIsland.travel. To better promote our region and drive even more qualified traffic to stakeholders, we are optimizing our site to be the best resource for prospective travellers looking to visit the Island. Through the promotion of all of our local business partners, and proudly showcasing the various activities each region has to offer, we are inviting our consumers to get back into their element on Vancouver Island and we invite you to be a part of our unique formula.
Website Listing Eligibility:
- Website listings are FREE, but you must be a registered stakeholder of Tourism Vancouver Island to receive one.
- Website listings are an opt-in program. As such, they are not automatically created for all registered stakeholders.
- To have a listing, businesses are required to have a physical address that welcomes visitors.
- Should be a tourism-based business, such as:
- Beverage producer (wine, beer, spirits, cider, etc)
- Local restaurant (not a chain)